Saturday, June 9, 2007

Service Industry says the danmest things!!!

I travel quite a bit and am always amazed with some of answers I got from the service personnel (that is people in hotel, restaurants, airports etc.) to simple questions.

Hamburg Train Station
Was waiting at the train station and wanted to make sure the train was going to be on time because I had a flight to catch.

Uber: Excuse me, will the train to Frankfurt be on time.
Station Attendant: Sir in Germany the train is never early or late, it is always on time

Geez, you thought I insulted their country they way he started at me

Houston Airport
My flight was supposed to leave at 5:30 PM. Till 5:40 PM they had not yet announced the boarding. So I went up to the gate to enquire about the flight status

Uber: Is the flight delayed?
Gate Attendant: No sir, we have just not announced the boarding yet.

New Zealand Country Club
Was there for a sales meeting. During lunch I ordered a ice tea.

Uber: Excuse me this is not ice tea.
(The ice tea tasted like sprite for those of you wondering)
Waitress: This is what we call ice tea in New Zealand. This is not USA unfortunately
Dave (my colleague): He is actually from Japan
(Dave was referring to the fact that I was living in Japan at that time)
Waitress: But you are colored?

For the first time in my life, that at least I can remember, I did not have a comeback line

No comments: