Thursday, January 10, 2008

Etiquette in Clothing

I am not a fashion police but there are certain things about how people dress that gets me annoyed. Clothes reflect who you are on the inside. Someone once told me, "Dress not like how you are today, buit who you wnat to be tomorrow".

#1 Gym Clothes

These should be worn when you are going to the gym or playing sports or being indoors. But I hate it when people wear gym clothes to coffee shops, shopping and brunches. Is it too much to ask to wear a normal dress. What bothers me is out of shape people wearing gym clothes and coming to a Doughnut Shop. How about going to the gym?

#2 Caps/Hats

I wear caps. I love wearing caps. But can we remove the caps when you are indoors please? The exception can be made if it is Halloween or you are a musician or have a ranch. But other than than when in a restaurant remove your hat. It is just nice. I love Justin Timberlake's music but hate that he single handily started the annoying trend of people wearing fedora.

#3 Skirts over jeans or other two clothing disasters.

If you are that indecisive about clothing maybe you need to see a shrink.

#4 Sandals with socks

What can I say about this. It is not a great combo. So you wear it because you are comfortable and you do not care about fashion. I am comfortable naked but you would never see be walking down the street naked...there are rules against that.

#4 Showing(off) your underwear

Guys and Girls, underwear (thongs included) would not be seen outside your pants. If you cannot fly, spin webs, have a cave then please tuck in those boxers. I do not need to know wear you bought your underwear. Anyone who tells me that "This is how we dress because of our race/color etc.", spare me....I did not see Martin Luther King dressed like that.

#5 Real Holes in your clothes

Time to go shopping. That is all. Holes in clothes are not fashionable. You look like a half plucked chicken. You know what grow up...please.

Clothes are your first impression. If you are not well dressed do not expect people to listen to you. Clothes on people are like packaging on products, the product is 90% important, but if the packaging is not good, then people will not see the product. That is life.

In the words of Mark Twain "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

I think we can blame Britney for the Federline AND Fedora debacle. This was uber fab:

If you cannot fly, spin webs, have a cave then please tuck in those boxers.

I was waiting for you to comment on the shorts thing, hahaha I'm going to do more research and post about that.

The Mountain Cat said...

Uber,

So true man. But the all-time worst is when those little kids Kriss Kross wore their clothes backwards in the
mid-1990s. 'Jump! Jump!'
- The Mountain Cat