Monday, September 24, 2007

Wrong Number Again !!!

This happened actually an hour ago. I am still in a state of shock. Should we start issuing licence before we give certain people access to cell phone, iPOD or other complex technology.

My work phone rings, I do not recognize the number. I hardly get non work related calls on this line, since I do not give this number out to anyone other than my sister and my parents.

Uber: Good Morning, this is Uber
Lady: I need to return a set of lingerie I got for my b'day. And I do not have a receipt

I became totally confused. When did we start selling lingerie, and why was I not informed?

Uber: I wish I can help you but I think you got the wrong number.
Lady: What, that b*tch gave me the wrong number. Are you sure you do not work for Macy's?
Uber: I am sure, but since you asked let me check with the office manager.
Lady: OK I will hold.

Know I am convinced either she is an idiot or she works for some radio station that is playing a prank call.

Uber: I checked and this is not Macy.
Lady: Sorry.

5 minutes go buy, the phone rings again and guess what the same Lady is again on the phone

Uber: Good Morning...
Lady: How did I get you again?
Uber: Maybe it is fate. You actually dialled my number.
Lady: Yes, but shouldn't it connect me to Macy. I dialled Macy the first time and got you and now when I hit redial, I get you again.

I am know convinced she is an idiot.

Uber: OK let me help you here. You dialed me the first time and we established this was not Macy. Then instead of dialling Macy's you just hit the redial. So you got me again. So now when you hang up do not hit redial, dial the right number and you will be connected to Macy. I am sure they will help you.
Lady: Gee thanks. I think my phone is broken and I will go and return that too.
Uber: I am sure that is the case. And you have a nice day.
Lady: You too and talk to you soon

I have since placed my phone of the hook.

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

OMG that was hilarious! Especially since I actually imagined you literally saying "Good morning this is Uber."

Unknown said...

Amazing...wasn't your office manager a bit confused by your line of questioning ;-)