Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dawn of a New Era

One of the best poems that I love and cherish is Robert Forst, "The Road Not Taken"

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
...
..."

I am not writing this to discuss the poem or try to understand what Mr.Forst meant.

The reason is that this week I decided to take a road, which I know is not so less travelled. The road called entrepreneurship.

"The road is not without

Speed bumps
Dangerous curves
Vicious animals
Bottomless ravines

Many have taken that road

Most have given up
At the first bum

Still more have been consumed
By the ravines and animals

Some have made it
Only to realize, it
Has cost them everything

The few who have made it
Have had the perseverance
To rise up after every fall
To rise up after every defeat
Because they want
To fight this for another day

The few who have made it
Did it not
For the wealth or accolade
But for the spirit
Succeeding and fulfilment

I want to be that few
I dream to be that few
I dared to dream"

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

Check out "The E-Myth Revisited" when you get a chance, I think you'll really enjoy it.

Unknown said...

That's very very deep and inspiring! Good for you and congrats again, on the road not so less traveled!