Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars

Against my better judgement (OK I was in seriously liquored up on Saturday) I decided to host an Oscar Party last nite at my home in Jersey City. Invited my Motley Crew of friends (who I have come to love and am glad to have come to know them).

The highlight of the evening was the following comments:

X (a recent American citizen from South America):
Commenting on the awards given separately to sound editing and sound mixing, "If they had hired a Mexican they could have done both and saved an extra award."

Matt (a librarian with a firm grasp of the obvious):
When the same movie won the the award for sound mixing after winning earlier for sound editing, Matt felt that this is obvious since how can a movie win Oscar for sound editing and not sound mixing.

And how in the world did,

a. 300 not get any nominations. This is madness
b. The Simpson not get any nomination either. The spider pig song was better any any of the lousy Enchanted song...

PS: I am just glad that no own was carrying little Oscar statuettes and bringing them to the party. My new neighbors had a party and I caught a couple bring with them the statuettes. Guess it is like wearing your team colors to watch a game.

2 comments:

The Mountain Cat said...

Uber, I was off my game on Sunday night at your party. Usually I have witty comments to say but I guess I had writer's block. I think I was just bothered by your roommate and his girlfriend making out on the couch like they were high school virgins! LOL

ZenDenizen said...

Who is Uber's roommate?