Monday, July 23, 2007

It feels like 1984....

I had this dream once, that I am at work and suddenly the computer screen becomes blank. A pixelated image appears uttering "This is our company. A company of dreams and hope. This is our company. Oceania. These are our associates. The workers, the strivers, the builders. These are our associates....".

OK, I used the quote from 1984. But that is how I feel sometimes at work.



Perfect examples

1. The grand marshal of our office does a sortie at 0h-nine-hundred-hours (is everyone present at the office) and another one at eighteen-hundred-hours (who is leaving early)

2. I get an email, follow up phone call, project meeting and evening drop buys to discuss the projects/work I am supposed to deliver.

3. All company correspondence and updates are now done through PowerPoint and pushed using Brainshark. This website allows you to send a presentation along with voice over and also track who visited it or rather who did not.

Or maybe it is the Monday morning blues....

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

I had to forward that picture around to co-workers working on a "tracking" report that details their every request. The boss wasn't happy with the report and said there wasn't enough of a cohesive "storyline" to it all. I would've forwarded the blog entry itself but that might have meant outing me as well!