Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Indus Tuesday

First there was darkness and then came light
Then came humans and then came hip humans who turned off the lights.

Indus Tuesday tag line is the rather ambitions Meet, Mingle and Network. Now with such a tagline you would assume they would pick a place that statisfies their ethos. But then again maybe I am a bit naive.

Meet - The place they choose to host this event was called Home NYC. If I was Batman or a cave dweller I would be at home. But being a normal homo sapiens this place was not a place to meet.

Mingle - How does one mingle in the dark and loud place. Someone please advise me? Really, am looking for anything that would help me. It is like asking people to mingle on the top of Everest. Just because the place is cool and hip doesn't make it a mingle happy place.

Network - The only networking happened near the food table and bar mainly by accident rather than intelligent design.

So to all you social organisers out there think about this for a moment. How about a nice bar to network, which facilitates conversation. This is NYC and if you tell me there is not good bars to host networking events then either your are not trying hard enough or just too lazy.

Will I go again? Probably with friends but I may actually just stay home. All I would need to do is go to the basement/cellar of my house, turn off the lights, crank up the music and guess what I might have more fun that I did on Indus Tuesday.

PS - Indus was the name of one of the earliest human civilization and if they had the changes to see someone like this group took their name, they would actually sue us for fraud and misrepresentation.

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

Wow, I was better off watching Dancing with the Stars at home.

Unknown said...

Visited Indus Tuesday for the first time expecting to meet some like minded eagerly waiting to talk business and exchange ideas but hey it wasnt the business that was the focus, it was about getting laid.

The guys in suits perhaps took it too seriously and were probably there just for the kicks.
Most of the girls had "I am available" on their forehead, but desi girls seem to like the attention.

Any white looking chic is a big hit and will be photographed to market the the club and the idea of this industuesday.

IndusTuesday is another nexus between clubs which dont run well on weekdays and
some idea to get people to spend on drinks in these clubs

But hey there are desperate desi's looking to hook up.

For those who are into dating scene the guys:girls ratio is mostly 100:1; and for those like me, who like to network , this is not the place, go somewhere else.

This is only a club scene with absolutely no agenda just loud music, bar and hook ups.

cheers