Monday, October 22, 2007

Sign of our time...

Now that I do not have an office, I decided to relocate my office from the comfort of my house to Au Bon Pain.

There are 2 glass doors leading into the shop with blue signs that say PULL. The sign is strategically located above the door handles. So far this is what I have seen...

A. People pushing the door. Then they step back, confused and perplexed seeing people inside. How did they get in. Is there a secret code, another entrance. And then they read the sign. Maybe if you are that dumb, you should be coming in the first place

B. People getting through the first door and then repeating the same process in the second door. OK I can have some sympathy if you made the mistake in the first door, but doing this twice in 1 second, you should be institutionalized

C. Forget the sighs, people trying to force open the door at the hinges. Easy there Hulk...

I wonder what would actually happen if there are no signs. No wonder there was a need for sliding glass doors.

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Funny, a couple of weeks ago someone told me I passed the Far Side test because I opened a door the right way :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/229551714_a5b4f7bc43_o.jpg