Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Do you believe in miracles?

Apparently Au Bon Pain has a new service Fortune Teller Service while you drink coffee. Here is the story...

Sitting and sipping my coffee my myself is on of the few guilty pleasures I enjoy. That did not change today. I was sitting, enjoying my java and dreaming up wonderful things for my business.

Then in the corner of my eye I noticed this women. She was no ordinary women that I tend to see in the coffee shop. From her clothes I knew she did not work in corporate America. She looked like a she could be teaching at Hogwarts. She spots me staring and before I can look downwards she locks my eyes up. She smiles, raised and come up.

"You tend to judge people quickly dear"
"I am sorry, just you seemed different"
"Why because I dress different and carry a staff"
"Kind off..."
"Maybe I should teach at Hogwarts...that is what you were thinking right"

I was shocked. Lucky guess since someone else with my sense of humor would have mentioned it.

"So how is your new business". Now I am a little disturbed, so I shot back, "How did you know or where you just assuming that since I work in a coffee shop I am either a free lancer or jobless"

"A skeptic, I see. There is lot of them now a days" she says and continues, "Let me tell you something...I am not going to promise you wealth or glory and need nothing in return. You have loved and lost in the last year, you were unhappy with both your jobs, you are very restless in nature and you want to be remembered"

"Ok, everyone wants to be remembered. But you are partially right"

"I do not want or need to convince you. I think you are a nice person, with a very good heart who loves to be around people. You are searching for the right person but that person is there in your face"

Now I agree with the first part and the second part is kind of true since I am still on match.com, shaadi.com and other sites my family plastered me on.

She continues going on for 30 more minutes and I was amazed she was quite accurate with the year of my birth, the region in India I was born, where I have lived.

And then she left as abrutly as she came in. After a minute I went outside, but found no sign of her.

I swear I was not drinking or hungover. But am I dreaming. I have since moved to a different location to continue my path to glory.

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

What a fabulous story, wish I was there. Did she make any reference to you being Uber-anything?

Ubershek said...

No she did not. I am back here today but unfortunately she is not here. I am starting to wonder if I was hallucinating.